The Ethel Walker School is composed of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from all over the world.
Note: If you are from China, please review our Application Process for Students from China
Application Requirements and Deadlines
The completed application includes:
- Part One: General Information form
- Part Two: Student Information and Essay
- Parent Statement
- $125 international student application fee
- English teacher letter of recommendation
- Math teacher letter of recommendation
- School Principal or Guidance counselor letter of recommendation
- Official School Transcript (two full years and any current grades)
- SSAT score report
- TOEFL score report (if international applicant)
- Interview (in person on campus or via Skype/phone)
- Application deadline: February 1st to be considered in the first round of admission decision
We accept the TABS or SSAT common application.
We require all candidates to submit:
- SSAT score report (Secondary School Admission Test) to be sent directly to Walker's from SSAT
International students may register for the SSAT by visiting ssat.org.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
To register for the TOEFL you can call: (609)771-7100, fax: (609)771-7500, or visit their website at toefl.org.
All international candidates are encouraged to schedule an on-campus interview. To arrange a visit to The Ethel Walker School, please call the Admissions Office at (860)408-4200 or email admission [at] ethelwalker [dot] org. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you are unable to visit the school, a telephone or Skype interview may be arranged.
If you wish to transfer funds for the application fee or once a student enrolls at the School, send a wire transfer using the following information:
Intermediary Bank: BNY Mellon
SWIFT code: IRVTUS3N
Location: One Wall Street, New York, NY 10286
Beneficiary Bank: First Niagara Bank, N.A.
Beneficiary Bank Acct.: /8901025461
Beneficiary Bank Location: 726 Exchange Street, Buffalo, NY 14210 US
Beneficiary Name: The Ethel Walker School, Inc.
Beneficiary Account Number: 107901016639
Beneficiary Address: 230 Bushy Hill Road, Simsbury, CT 06070
Reference Info: Reference Student's Name
International Student Services Fee
The Ethel Walker School charges an annual fee of $1000 to each international student. This allows the School to properly communicate with parents overseas, as well as provide the extra faculty support for our international students.
The I-20 form, necessary for securing a student visa, will be sent to the student once she has been admitted and has returned her enrollment contract and deposit. The I-20 must be taken to the U.S. consulate in the student's home country in order to apply for the F-1 (student visa). You may also find it useful to consult travel.state.gov/visa for more information.
The Ethel Walker School does not provide financial aid for non-U.S. citizens. Please contact the margy_foulk [at] ethelwalker [dot] org (Director of Financial Aid) regarding financial aid questions.