Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Barn Manager
The Ethel Walker School has an immediate opening for a full-time Equine Groom. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 year of experience handling and caring for show quality horses. Reporting to the Barn Manager, this is a full time, non-exempt position.
Scope of Responsibilities
Horse Care and Maintenance of Barn and Grounds
- Feed, water horses, and turnout horses.
- General horse care as instructed by supervisor.
- General maintenance of stalls and grounds.
- Other assignments as needed and instructed by Barn Manager.
- Maintain the facility and grounds to ensure they are neat, clean, and orderly at all times.
- Run night checks when needed.
- Requirements include some heavy lifting (over 50 lbs.).
- Commit and contribute to a strong sense of community involvement and collegiality.
- Strong work ethic (timely adherence to deadlines and ability to self-motivate).
- Exhibit a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
As with every employee of the School, this position has the responsibility to support the School’s mission by:
- Promoting a student-centered view of work priorities.
- A commitment to excellence in all work as evidenced by high standards of service and workmanship.
- A commitment to honor as evidenced by honesty and integrity.
- A commitment to community through the caring and respectful treatment of all members, through collaboration, and by putting the interests of the group ahead of individual interests.
- A commitment to diversity as evidenced by the respectful treatment of all members of the community without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The Ethel Walker School is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact list of three (3) professional references in one (1) document to firstname.lastname@example.org.