Reports to: Assistant Head of School, Dean of Academics
The Ethel Walker School has an opening for a part-time Registrar. The Registrar reports to the Assistant Head of School, Dean of Academics. The Ethel Walker School’s Registrar serves as the custodian of student data information and records for current and incoming students. This person manages academic records and works closely with the Dean of Academics to build the academic schedule, register students for courses, and more.
This position would be a half-time role with some flexibility to work remotely for part of the week.
- Create and maintain master class schedule in collaboration with the Dean of Academics and other academic leaders.
- In partnership with the Dean of Academics, coordinate with the Head of Middle School, Department Chairs, advisors, parents, and students to manage and communicate student enrollment, including compliance with prerequisites and course schedules.
- Compile and manage student grades and transcripts.
- Assist when special schedules are required.
- Collaborate with College Counseling on annual data-driven requests, including but not limited to National Merit applications, creating first quarter grade reports for seniors, calculating GPAs, and submitting verification forms.
- Maintain current and accurate auditable student records.
- Record and maintain correspondence of student records, including but not limited to cumulative folders, demographics, diplomas, and transcripts.
- Provide accurate reporting in a timely manner for both internal and external reports.
- Process alumnae requests and transcripts.
- Process and transmit requests for student information, including student transcripts for colleges and enrichment programs, transfer information, etc.
- Write, review, and edit registrar policies and procedures under the direction of the Assistant Head of School.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to embrace a collaborative work style and interact in a positive and proactive manner with all school constituencies.
- Ability to problem-solve and navigate complex systems.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), database management, and scheduling applications required.
- Experience with Veracross and/or Blackbaud preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Criminal background check and clearance required.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The Ethel Walker School is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact list of three (3) professional references in one (1) document to firstname.lastname@example.org.