Technology Support Specialist
Reports to: Director of Technology
The Ethel Walker School has an opening for a Technology Support Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Technology, this is a full-time position.
The Technology Support Specialist provides hardware and software support to The Ethel Walker School community. This critical role is responsible for the inventory setup and distribution of all desktop and laptops at the school. In addition to desktop support, this position will be the point person for audio and video events setup on campus.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports the school community by quickly, courteously, and effectively responding to IT requests.
- Responsible for all phases of managing desktops and laptops such as, setup, software installation, and data migration.
- Facilitates the repair of damaged or broken laptops and work stations by third-party vendors; submits tickets and works with those vendors to help ensure quick and complete repair turnaround.
- Provides technical support for classroom technology.
- Performs software installation and maintenance for staff, faculty, and students.
- Assists with A/V for campus events.
- Assists the Director of Technology with classroom A/V installations
- Manages and maintains all campus printers and printer vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or three or more years of tech support experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to get along with co-workers and other school community members
Physical Work Environment
These physical requirements are not exhaustive and additional job-related physical requirements may be added to these by individuals on an as-needed basis. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
- It is essential to be able to meet the physical demands of standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone.
- Ability to bend, stoop, push/pull and to grasp objects and reach overhead.
- Must be able to visit and move around all campus locations and off-campus or to other work sites for appropriate training and/or meetings as required and outlined in essential duties.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The Ethel Walker School is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact list of three (3) professional references in one (1) document to firstname.lastname@example.org.