Director of Admission
Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management
Full Time, 12-month position
The Ethel Walker School seeks an enthusiastic and experienced admissions professional to oversee a dynamic and progressive admissions program. The director is responsible for recruiting a diverse and talented population of students. The director of admission will report to the director of enrollment management. The successful candidate will have a strong and creative sense of traditional and innovative marketing and methods of communication, represent the Middle and Upper Schools to prospective students and parents, build relationships with feeder schools and educational consultants, and guide prospective families through the admission and financial aid process. The director manages a staff of five and is responsible for mentorship and professional development opportunities. The director will work collaboratively with faculty, the board of trustees and current parent ambassadors. The successful candidate must demonstrate a deep understanding of financial aid, traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies, independent school trends, data analysis, and office leadership. The director of enrollment management seeks a partner in the continued development of a contemporary, responsive and successful admission program.
Job responsibilities include:
- Creation and implementation of all admissions programs including: open houses, visit days, and receptions, and strategic travel initiatives. The director is responsible for strategic travel planning and implementation and includes local, regional and international fairs, visits, and related connections. The position includes collaboration on various programs with the director of external affairs, director of financial aid, and the Advancement Office
- Lead the Admission team in travel efforts, which could include both domestic and international travel
- Work as part of the senior administrative team to continue implementation of strategic initiatives designed to increase enrollment
- Serve as an advisor to 4-6 students
- May include coaching responsibilities
- Supporting the School mission of preparing students to make a difference in the world, dedicated to scholarship, the arts, athletics, wellness, service and achieving the joy of friendship, which are the fundamental principles as the School empowers girls to lead with integrity, respect, confidence, courage, conviction and a love of learning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required, master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience working in the admission field
- Experience with and familiarity with the culture of an independent boarding and day school
- Dedication to all-girls' education
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong EQ
- Strong work ethic, good organization, positive attitude, perseverance, dedication and creativity
- Experience in personnel and office management
- Mastery level experience with administrative databases
- Interest in working in a multicultural community and a desire to be a full member of this community
Salary and benefits will be determined by and commensurate with level of experience. To apply, please submit in one document: resume, cover letter and contact list of three references to email@example.com.