Welcome! Please use this page as a resource for those needing to make arrangements for a virtual learning period.
Please bookmark the following links:
- We will be using Zoom, a great video chat tool, for distance class gatherings. You will receive an individual link for each class from your teacher.
- We will continue to use Veracross for posting assignments and submitting work, and we will also utilize PowerSchool, a learning management system, for discussion boards and other online learning activities.
- PowerSchool Learning class websites will be accessible via this link: https://ethelwalker.learning.powerschool.com (Please bookmark this on your computer.) If you Sign in with Google (your Walker’s Gmail login), you will be able to see the class websites your teachers are using.
- You can also access your PowerSchool class sites directly through your school Gmail inbox.
- Make sure you are checking email and Veracross often. You are responsible for all items related to your classes that are sent by email.
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each class; it is expected that you will be on time for each of your classes.
- Work will be assigned, collected and graded as usual.
- If you are in a different time zone, we will work with you individually on how to proceed and continue your participation.
- If you are worried about your ability to connect by wifi, please contact Mr. Monagan or Ms. Del Valle Cardona. We will work together to find a solution.
- If you live in an area where you may have trouble accessing Google or Veracross, we will work with you to find out a way to communicate with you for your classes.
- You are expected to be flexible and to communicate with your teachers.
At the below PowerSchool Learning site, you will find a selection of resources that support teaching and learning when educators and students may not be in the same place at the same time. When first diving into distance learning, it’s often best to keep things simple. These recommended tools are organized by the task that they support. This site will be updated as needed and we welcome suggestions and feedback. Feel free to reach out to Dean of Academic Technology and Innovation Sarah Edson at email@example.com if you’d like additional support or guidance for you or your students.
(Log in via your Walker’s Gmail account)
- Allow and acknowledge your student’s feelings (and your own)
- Take cues from your student and provide developmentally appropriate explanations
- It is ok to say “I don’t know” when asked questions you can’t answer
- Focus on the strategies that are in place to keep your student safe
- Be open to keeping the conversation going
Here are some resources for talking to your student about coronavirus:
5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
Talking to Teens and Tweens About Coronavirus
If you have any questions or concerns about how to support your student during this time away from school, or if your student would like to connect with Joan Skelley for support, please feel free to contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.