Applying to a school should be as easy as possible, and we have a step by step checklist to help guide you through the application process. Walker's accept applications through Standard Application Online (SAO) and Gateway to Prep Schools. See the tabs below to navigate our application requirements and instructions.
If you are an international student, the application process is slightly different for you. Learn More
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 873-0702.
Every applicant is asked to submit the following:
- General Information
- Student Information and Essay
- Parent/Guardian Statement
- Application fee ($60 for U.S. citizens and $125 for international applicants)
- English teacher recommendation
- Mathematics teacher recommendation
- School recommendation
- Official school transcript
- SSAT score report (Secondary School Admission Test)
- And, where applicable, TOEFL score report (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
A personal interview is required for all applicants. We strongly encourage a campus visit and interview with an Admissions officer. If you are unable to visit because of distance, we can arrange a Skype or telephone interview.
Character and personal growth are an integral part of a Walker's education. Grades and test scores just don’t tell us the whole story of your child. The Character Skills Snapshot gives us richer holistic information and illuminates areas where Walker's can help your child grow and thrive.
Candidates for admission to The Ethel Walker School should apply online using the Standard Application Online (SAO) or Gateway to Prep Schools application. The choice of platform has no bearing on admission decisions. The completed application is due by January 15 to ensure a March 10 decision and is comprised of the following:
- Biographic Information
- Transcript: Submitted directly by school (including current Fall term or semester grades)
- Recommendations: Submitted online by current teachers (Required: School Administrator, English Teacher, and Math Teacher; Optional: Personal and Special Interest)
- Parent Statement
- Student Essays/Candidate Statement
- Graded Writing Sample
- Standardized Tests: See Step 3 above for more information)
- Application Fee: $60 Domestic, $125 International