If you are an international student, the application process is slightly different for you. If English is not your native language, you will need to take a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test and send the score as part of your application.If you are unable to come to the United States for a campus visit, the Admission Office will be happy to conduct a Skype interview.
- Application Requirements and Deadlines
- Wire Transfers
- International Student Services Fee
- Financial Aid
The completed application includes:
- General Information form
- Student Information and Essay
- Parent/Guardian Statement
- $125 international student application fee
- English teacher letter of recommendation
- Math teacher letter of recommendation
- School Principal or Guidance counselor letter of recommendation
- Official School Transcript (two full years and any current grades)
- SSAT score report
- TOEFL score report or IELTS score report (if international applicant)
- Interview (in person on campus or via Skype/phone)
- Application deadline: January 15 to be considered in the first round of admission decision
We also accept the TABS or SSAT common application and the online application from Gateway to Prep Schools.
Every candidate must submit her SSAT score report (Secondary School Admission Test), to be sent directly to Walker's from SSAT. Our school code is 3076.
International students may register for the SSAT by visiting ssat.org.
International students must also take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Our school code for TOEFL is 3072. Alternatively, students may take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
All international candidates are encouraged to schedule an on-campus interview. To arrange a visit to The Ethel Walker School, please call the Admission Office at (860) 408-4200 or email email@example.com. Appointments are available Monday through Friday. If you are unable to visit the school, a telephone or Skype interview may be arranged.
The I-20 form, necessary for securing a student visa, will be sent to the student once she has been admitted and has returned her enrollment contract and deposit. The I-20 must be taken to the U.S. consulate in the student's home country in order to apply for the F-1 (student visa). You may also find it useful to consult travel.state.gov/visa for more information.
The Ethel Walker School does not provide financial aid for non-U.S. citizens. Please contact Anne Hunt, Director of Financial Aid/Associate Director of Admission, with any financial aid questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 408-4204.