NEPSAC Code of Ethics
As a member of the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC), The Ethel Walker School Athletics supports the following Code of Ethics:
Proper Conduct and Good Sportsmanship for Players and Coaches
- Treat other persons as you know they should be treated, and as you wish them to fairly treat you.
- Regard the rules of your games as agreements, the spirit of letter of which you should not evade or break.
- Treat officials and opponents with respect.
- Accept absolutely and without quarrel the final decision of any official.
- Honor visiting teams and spectators as your own guests and treat them as such. Likewise, behave as an honored guest when you visit another school.
- Be gracious in victory and in defeat; learn especially to take defeat well.
- Be cooperative as you are competitive.
- Remember that your actions on and off the field reflect on you and your school.
Guidelines for Players
- Players shall at all times represent themselves and Walker's with honor, proper conduct, and good sportsmanship. They shall understand that competitive rivalries are encouraged, but that disrespect for opponents is unsportsmanlike and lessens the value of the rivalries. They shall confine the competitiveness of the game on the field, and in particular behave properly on the sidelines and in the locker room both before and after games.
- They shall comply fully with the rulings of the officials. In no way, either by voice, action, or gesture, shall they demonstrate their dissatisfactions with the decisions made.
- Players will not deface property or remove equipment of any kind from Walker's or another school.