Current COVID-19 Guidelines
as of fall 2022
- We expect all visitors to be vaccinated. If not, they must wear a mask while on our campus.
- Face coverings in all buildings and all spaces are optional.
- Face coverings are not required for those who return after having had COVID-19 if they isolate for 10 days (see below).
- We reserve the right to require face coverings in a particular situation or if community health conditions change.
Covid-19 Positive Cases
- Any person testing positive for COVID-19 is required to leave campus immediately and isolate at home or with a guardian for 5 days.
- A rapid antigen home test may be taken on day 5 after the onset of symptoms.
- If positive, isolate for 5 more days and return to campus on day 10.
- If negative, return to campus on day 6, wearing a face covering for 5 more days.
- If student is a boarder, they may remove their face covering while in their dorm room.
- The Health Center will always provide testing for symptomatic individuals.
- Face coverings are optional and always allowed.
- If there’s a positive case in the dorm, roommates would be considered close contacts and parents/guardians will be informed.
- Close contacts will be tested on day 1 of exposure.
- If positive, student will follow COVID-19 Positive Case Protocol.
- If negative, student will wear a face covering for 5 days while on campus outside their dorm room.
- Student will be retested only if they are symptomatic.
- Vaccinated spectators are welcome at all indoor events.
The Ethel Walker School reserves the right to restrict campus access in response to a rising community health risk.