Current COVID-19 Guidelines
as of winter 2023
- We expect all visitors to be vaccinated. If not, they must wear a mask while on our campus.
- Face coverings are optional in all buildings and all spaces.
- We reserve the right to require face coverings in a particular situation or if community health conditions change.
Covid-19 Positive Cases
- Any person testing positive for COVID-19 is required to leave campus immediately and isolate at home or with a guardian for 5 days.
- After 5 days of isolation, individuals may return to campus on day 6 if symptom-free and have gone 24 hours without a fever-reducing medication. Individuals will be required to wear a face covering through day 10. Note that the date of the positive test is considered “day 0,” with “day 1” being counted as the first full day after the positive test.
- The Health Center will always provide testing for symptomatic individuals.
- Face coverings are optional and always allowed.
- If there is a positive case in the dorm, roommates are considered close contacts and parents/guardians will be informed.
- Close contacts will be tested on day 1 of exposure.
- If positive, student will follow COVID-19 Positive Case Protocol.
- If negative, student will wear a face covering for 5 days while on campus outside their dorm room.
- Student will be retested only if they are symptomatic.
- Vaccinated spectators are welcome at all indoor events.
The Ethel Walker School reserves the right to restrict campus access in response to a rising community health risk.