Walker’s Equestrian Center is among the best of any school in the country and provides a strong foundation to maintain a best-in-class riding program. Our facilities can support riding teams with 50-60 riders, the boarding of 15-25 student-owned horses, 30-40 school and staff horses, in addition to community boarders.
The Equestrian Center is on Walker’s 175-acre campus, providing ready access to the barn and horses, as well as winding trails and extensive turnouts.
- The Frank O.H. Williams Barn, with office space, tack rooms, heated wash stalls and an attached indoor ring, serves as the central hub of the facility. The proximity of the barn to the academic buildings allows you to take riding lessons during the day as part of your normal school schedule. Williams Barn includes a work area for vets and farriers, a rubber brick floor for added warmth in the winter and two large, heated wash stalls.
- Henderson Riding Ring includes a lighted indoor arena with dust-free footing, and a full-length viewing gallery with a raised seating platform.
- Temperature-controlled tack rooms are located throughout the equestrian center.
- Outdoor Arena features a larger riding space with sand footing and turnouts, and a variety of jumps for universal show schooling.
- In fall 2017, Walker's has constructed a beautiful, new, larger turn-out area in the heart of the open fields directly across from the Frank O.H. Williams Barn featuring 14 individual paddocks of larger and varied sizes, each equipped with a Nelson automatic horse waterer. Learn More