- This event has passed.
vs. Christian Heritage School
January 28, 2022 @ 4:30 pm
Walker’s swimming finishes January having accumulated an official season record of 6-6 with four remaining dual meets before the Founders League Championship at the end of February and the Division III NEPSAC Championship at the end of March. At Hopkins this afternoon, a meet originally scheduled for Saturday but with a predicted storm was moved a day earlier, Walker’s swimming put their best swims forward, posting several season-best times and even notching a couple of personal records.
Highlights include but were not limited to
- 500- Molly Thacker and Ella Sabelawski, both scoring points for Walker’s in their brave swims
- 100 freestyle- Lucia Morales ‘25 placed third overall and notched another personal record, her second in the same event this week. Teammate and captain Alexia Grech ‘23 placed 5th out of 21 swimmers in the event. Congratulations to Liyan Du and Ayeesha Lee who both went her fastest!
- Allison Wall in her 2 individual events: individual medley and 100 butterfly
- The 200 freestyle relay of Grech, Ava DeSio, Cecilia Li, and Natalie Stewart placed 2nd.
- Ten Zhong for her successful swims. Teammate Sally Chen in the 200 freestyle split 32!
- Kylie Donaldson ‘23 finished in first place in the 100 backstroke and teammate Ella S. went a PR.
- Natalie Stewart raced a 1:17, a Top 10 time (4th) in Walker’s history, and placed second overall with Cecilia Li ‘25 placing third out of 12 swimmers.
Walker’s will train for a full week before returning to the competition after the long weekend. Walker’s has only four regular-season meets left, with three of them held right in the Centennial Center.