Just 20 minutes outside of Hartford, The Ethel Walker School, located in Simsbury, Connecticut, excels at preparing girls to make a profound difference in the world. Members of this diverse community are dedicated to global citizenship, scholarship, the arts, athletics, wellness, and community partnerships. The satisfaction of achievement and joy of friendship are fundamental principles as the School empowers girls to lead with integrity, respect, confidence, courage, conviction and a love of learning.
As a residential boarding school and home away from home, Walker’s provides an environment of support, challenge, safety, and engagement to our girls. Girls are given many opportunities to grow, learn and lead within our community and beyond. Learn more about student life at Walker’s.
Teaching faculty engage in our students’ lives in multiple ways inside and outside of the classroom. All teaching faculty are required to serve as a student advisor. Faculty are also expected to fulfill other duties which could include coaching, leading student activities, or mentoring a club. Faculty are expected to
participate in extra-curricular life and support our residential program. Successful candidates are committed to all-girls’ education and empowerment, welcome being in a boarding and day school, and want to be a part of an inclusive and welcoming community.
The Ethel Walker School has an opening for a part-time receptionist. This position provides support for all front desk activities as scheduled in support of the School’s calendar.
In this capacity, the part time receptionist will:
- Supervise the main lobby area
- Greet and direct all visitors
- Provide information and direction for all events occurring on campus
- Ensure completion of paperwork
- Oversee sign-in and security procedures
- Verify that students leaving campus have the appropriate permissions
- Handle special administrative projects
- Handle all inquiries made of the desk
- Route calls to the appropriate party as necessary
- Assure discreet handling of all business
- Receive internal radio and/or telephone communications regarding on-campus emergencies and route these communications to the appropriate emergency personnel and administrator
- Receive deliveries of overnight packages and other items that come to the School’s main desk. Log such deliveries in the appropriate log book.
- Substitute when full time receptionist is absent
- Other duties as assigned
Part time receptionist hours are only required when school is in session. Currently the hours are:
Wednesday 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Occasional full time hours as needed
If interested, please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for picking up and dropping off students at established stops within the school calendar schedule. Must maintain a safe environment for students traveling to and from school. Other duties may include transporting students, faculty/staff to special events, such as field trips or sporting events.
Drivers must be attentive to traffic and weather conditions while staying on schedule and ensuring the safety of the passengers. They must ensure that their vehicles are operating properly and conduct a vehicle inspection each day. Drivers are also responsible for maintaining a safe environment within the bus by enforcing rules on conduct and responding to emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Able to inspect the vehicle before each shift
- Transport students to and from school or program safely
- Communicate and report all disciplinary issues
- Reinforce school bus rider rules while supervising students
- Develop a professional relationship with parents, school staff, and students
- Familiarity with assigned route and students
- Ensure that students unload at their scheduled stops
- Ability to handle problems and stressful situations
- Prepare necessary paperwork and reports
- Submit to the random drug and alcohol program
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Hold and maintain a valid Connecticut-CDL B with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements
- Maintain a clean criminal and driving record
- Maintain DOT physical qualification with current DOT medical card
- Must have three to five years of safe driving experience and good knowledge of local geography
To apply, submit resume, cover letter and contact information of three references to email@example.com.
The Ethel Walker School offers many inter-scholastic sports for its student body. Many of these teams have teams at various levels, including varsity, JV, and occasionally thirds and Middle School teams. Walker's currently has coaching opportunities available in the following sports:
- Varsity Squash
- Field Hockey
Experience playing and/or coaching at a high level is required. A strong commitment to providing girls with high quality instruction and coaching as well as modeling a strong balance between athletics, academics and community involvement are important qualities for candidates for this position. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: Athletic Director
Please contact us with any inquiries in specific areas and send your resume to email@example.com.
The Ethel Walker School is an equal opportunity employer.