Just 20 minutes outside of Hartford, The Ethel Walker School, located in Simsbury, Connecticut, excels at preparing girls to make a profound difference in the world. As a boarding and day school of 250 girls from grades 6-12, members of this diverse community are dedicated to global citizenship, scholarship, the arts, social justice and inclusion, athletics, wellness, and community partnerships. The satisfaction of achievement and joy of friendship are fundamental principles as the School empowers girls to lead with integrity, respect, confidence, courage, conviction and a love of learning. Walker’s provides a home away from home in an environment of support, challenge, safety, and engagement to our girls. Girls are given many opportunities to grow, learn and lead within our community and beyond.
Walker’s is dedicated to recruiting and supporting educators who are committed to their own ongoing learning process and growth in a collaborative work environment. Successful applicants are also dynamic individuals who are compelled to provide a positive, joyful, challenging learning environment for our girls.
The Ethel Walker School is looking for a dedicated HVAC Technician to join our facilities staff. The individual in this role will be a dedicated self-starter. They will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining, repairing, operating and installing our heating, cooling, ventilation and refrigeration systems. The systems include hot water, steam and forced air, boilers, chilled water with cooling tower, DX systems, refrigeration and related ancillary equipment. Systems are both gas and oil fired. Candidates will have strong building systems control experience.
The preferred candidate may also perform light plumbing and may be required to assist the maintenance team as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to service calls
- Troubleshoot issues
- Determine severity and discuss major issues with the director
- Perform repairs in an efficient and workmanlike manner
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks
- Inspect current systems for effectiveness and safety
- Install new heating, cooling, ventilation and ancillary systems
- Use the computerized maintenance management system
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment, materials and related resources
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the maintenance team
- Be available for an after-hour emergency and rotating on call
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must hold Connecticut state license (minimum S-2, preferred S-1)
- EPA certification for refrigerants
- 5 years field/hands-on experience
- Must hold a valid state driver’s license
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex issues
- Interact with others in a professional manner at all times
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule
- Maintain professional appearance
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and contact list of three references in one document to email@example.com.
We have an opening for a part time licensed School bus driver. Responsibilities include picking up and dropping off students at established stops within the school calendar schedule. Drivers must be attentive to traffic and weather conditions while staying on schedule and ensuring the safety of the passengers. They must ensure that their vehicles are operating properly and conduct a vehicle inspection each day. Drivers are also responsible for maintaining a safe environment within the bus by enforcing rules on conduct and responding to emergencies. For more information, please call 860-408-4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ethel Walker School offers many inter-scholastic sports for its student body. Many of these teams have teams at various levels, including varsity, JV, and occasionally thirds and Middle School teams. Walker's currently has coaching opportunities available in the following sports:
- Varsity Volleyball
Experience playing and/or coaching at a high level is required. A strong commitment to providing girls with high quality instruction and coaching as well as modeling a strong balance between athletics, academics and community involvement are important qualities for candidates for this position. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Attn: Athletic Director
Please contact us with any inquiries in specific areas and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ethel Walker School is an equal opportunity employer.