Just 20 minutes outside of Hartford, The Ethel Walker School, located in Simsbury, Connecticut, excels at preparing girls to make a profound difference in the world. As a boarding and day school of 250 girls from grades 6-12, members of this diverse community are dedicated to global citizenship, scholarship, the arts, social justice and inclusion, athletics, wellness, and community partnerships. The satisfaction of achievement and joy of friendship are fundamental principles as the School empowers girls to lead with integrity, respect, confidence, courage, conviction and a love of learning. Walker’s provides a home away from home in an environment of support, challenge, safety, and engagement to our girls. Girls are given many opportunities to grow, learn and lead within our community and beyond.
Walker’s is dedicated to recruiting and supporting educators who are committed to their own ongoing learning process and growth in a collaborative work environment. Successful applicants are also dynamic individuals who are compelled to provide a positive, joyful, challenging learning environment for our girls.
- Registrar/Data Analyst
- Associate Barn Manager/Road Manager
- Senior Associate Director of Admission
- Full Time Spanish Teacher
- Full Time Math Teacher
- Part Time School Bus Drivers
- Coaching Positions
The Ethel Walker School is seeking an experienced and collaborative registrar/data analyst to serve as the custodian of student data information and records for current and incoming students. This person will manage academic records, build the academic schedule, collaborate with department chairs and others to facilitate student placement and course registration and more.
Status: Exempt Full time
Objective: Participate in the day-to-day management and operation of The Ethel Walker School’s 60-stall equestrian barn with the barn manager. Travel to horse shows to manage the care of horses attending horse shows.
Status: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Grounds Superintendent
The Ethel Walker School has an opening for an experienced mechanic to join our Facilities Department.
- Maintain campus vehicles, machinery, and equipment in proper working condition
- Perform maintenance on the School's student activity vehicles as scheduled and meeting Department of Motor Vehicle requirements
- Perform brake inspections on activity vehicles
- Maintain trucks and vehicles in proper working order and perform all regular maintenance and repairs
- Maintain commercial turf equipment, heavy equipment, and small engines and perform repairs as needed
- Perform landscaping and turf, garden, tree maintenance as part of the Grounds Department
- Perform all grounds related tasks including but not limited to: mowing, raking, weeding, sweeping, shoveling, etc.
- Support the activities of the Grounds Department, other personnel, and contractors to order to provide effective and efficient maintenance of campus grounds and facilities
- Abide by all standards for safety and health guidelines, environmental regulations, quality, and productivity by following established policies and procedures
- Perform seasonal tasks as needed, including shoveling, snow and ice removal from walks, stairs, and paths
- Perform other work as assigned, including assisting others to complete assignments and being available for emergencies and scheduled "off-hour" work as needed
Position Title: Senior Associate Director of Admission
Reports to: Director of Admission
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Start Date: July 2018
The senior associate director of admission reports to the director of admission and assists with all of the responsibilities of the enrollment operation, including but not limited to travel, interviewing, meeting with educational consultants and school placement personnel, corresponding with families and consultants, reviewing applications, scheduling visits, coordinating the on-campus programs for admission, and performing special projects as requested by the director of admission.
Position Title: Spanish Teacher
Status: Full Time
Start Date: For the 2018-2019 School Year
The Ethel Walker School seeks a full time Spanish teacher. The successful candidate will be fluent in Spanish and have the skills to teach classes ranging from beginner to advanced Spanish 100% in the target language. Bachelor's degree in Spanish language and literature is required; master’s degree preferred.
Position Title: Math Teacher
Status: Full Time
Start Date: For the 2018-2019 School Year
The Ethel Walker School is seeking a full-time math teacher. Candidates should have at least a bachelor’s degree in a math field. Preference will be given to those candidates with advanced degrees in math or education/teaching and who have at least two years of classroom teaching experience. No certification is required.
We have an opening for a part time licensed School bus driver. Responsibilities include picking up and dropping off students at established stops within the school calendar schedule. Drivers must be attentive to traffic and weather conditions while staying on schedule and ensuring the safety of the passengers. They must ensure that their vehicles are operating properly and conduct a vehicle inspection each day. Drivers are also responsible for maintaining a safe environment within the bus by enforcing rules on conduct and responding to emergencies. For more information, please call 860-408-4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ethel Walker School offers many inter-scholastic sports for its student body. Many of these teams have teams at various levels, including varsity, JV, and occasionally thirds and Middle School teams. Walker's currently has coaching opportunities available in the following sports:
- Varsity Volleyball
- Varsity Squash
- Varsity Softball
Experience playing and/or coaching at a high level is required. A strong commitment to providing girls with high quality instruction and coaching as well as modeling a strong balance between athletics, academics and community involvement are important qualities for candidates for this position. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Attn: Athletic Director
Please contact us with any inquiries in specific areas and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ethel Walker School is an equal opportunity employer.